Old November 24th 04, 04:28 AM
Mischief

Thanksgiving will be interesting for me this year. Mainly because it
will be first thanksgiving where I will not be able to see my family.

I have to work on Thanksgiving day.

We board animals at the vet clinic and we have to come in on holidays
to make sure they are fed, medicated and cared for. All the techs
have to work. Some people can get the day off, but for me it came
down to either I take Thanksgiving off or I take Christmas off.

I opted for Christmas. As much as my mom and dad drive me crazy,
that's when the annual family christmas party is held, and I get to
see relatives I haven't seen since last christmas.

I figured I was going to spend thanksgiving by myself with some turkey
breast, stuffing, and yams, when my best buddy invited me over to his
place. His family is coming up from Yuma for Thanksgiving at his
house, and he's familiar with having to spend thanksgiving alone, so
he invited me. That was sweet of him. of course it still will be
weird without my own family.

But at least I'll be able to go home for Christmas.

I'm now trying to decide, should I give the kitties turkey or ham on
Thanksgiving?

Kristi