Old November 13th 05, 02:32 AM
5cats

Default Cat is limping

cybercat wrote:

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote
I'll have him checked by the vet if he doesn't improve in the next

day
or
so but my question is can cats get muscle pulls or strains, etc.

like
humans?

Sue

I would take the cat to a vet for examination. Cats are well known to

hide
pain, so this is probably a sign of significant discomfort.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I took my girl in to the vet,
and why I had the heebie jeebies. If she was actually wincing AND
limping, it had to really hurt. But then again, if you have ever had a
soft tissue injury like a sprain, you know how bad they hurt and there
really isn't anything a doctor can do, you just have to wait it out and
apply cold compresses. Or is it warm? I forget as it has been a while.

George had some type of sprain earlier this year and I carted him off to
the vet. As you said, not much to do for it but let it heal. The vet did
give him some painkillers which had the side effect of keeping George a
bit drowsy and less likely to be jumping around & re-injuring the leg.
Since you can't exactly tell a cat to "take it easy for a few days".