Old July 7th 04, 11:44 AM
MaryL

"Arjun Ray" wrote in message
In ,
(Luvskats00) wrote:

| Maybe there is a certain "time frame" in which the breeders
| are obligated to take the cat back. Perhaps it's unreasonable
| to hold the breeders to a lifetime guarantee

Um, no.

There is no reputable rescue organization that I know of that
doesn't have a return policy. And this is a commitment by people
who weren't even responsible for the cats existing to begin with.

I agree. Our local O'Malley Alley Cats organization guarantees that they
will take back any cat at any time. In fact, people who adopt from them are
required to sign an agreement that the cat will be returned to O'Malley if
the adopter decides to give up the cat for *any* reason. Unfortunately, one
was returned just this week and is being fostered until another home can be
found. (Husband and wife are divorcing.)

MaryL