Old June 2nd 05, 06:21 PM
White Monkey

"nickd" wrote in message
anyone ever shave a cat for the summer? would theyre markings come back

the
same? even with brushing him,theres no way i can keep up.

I used to shave down very matted cats, and the occasional angora rabbit,
that came into a rescue shelter I worked at. If your cat is exceptionally
calm and you have a very good electric grooming set and enough experience
shaving small animals to avoid razor burn, etc., you could try it. But I
would not advise it if you don't already have a lot of experience holding,
restraining, shaving and so forth small, active critters. Of course the
markings would "come back" the same. No way would you be removing all the
hair--you'd just be making it short. Even if you somehow did remove all the
hair, like when a human uses depilatory cream, the markings would come
back--some might even still be there in the skin pigments.
--Katrina