Old August 4th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default 5 Month Olds are still Scared. Boyfriend is now scared too!

LM007 via CatKB.com wrote:
.. they don't
hiss at us but they don't let me pet them unless they are way under the tub
and I'm stretched to my max. if I play with them for an hour with the toy
they love and then slowly put my hand under the tub they will purr and stick
their chin out for scratching. but that has only happened 2 times.

After 6 days that's an improvement! If they've been in the shelter
since they were kittens, they're probably nervous. My two were born in
a shed and very little Human contact until they were 8 weeks old when
they came to us. It took them several days before they would approach
us for skritchies, the first two days, we would get fleeting glances as
they explored but the moment they realised we'd seen them, they would
bolt back behind the washing machine.

They're now affectionate, well adjusted cats so please don't give up on
these kittens yet.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs