Old April 9th 04, 05:49 AM
Dennis Carr

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:38:02 -0400, Alison wrote:

Sorry. As a veteran cat and mouse owner I'll urge you to ALWAYS worry. I
have lost many mice to the cats, including mice that were housed in
heavy glass aquaria with sturdy mesh lids duct-taped on and weighted by
20 lb. toolchests.

It is a good thing then that the cats cannot open a round doorknob and
push the bathroom door open, and that we habitually keep the bathroom door
closed accordingly. =^^=;;

Mice are sweet affectionate little guys, but no matter what you do,
they're sitting ducks for the predators you house.

Yeah, that's kind of what we're learning here. I really wish I didn't
buy from that shop in the end (hard lesson - never EVER buy anything from
a pet shop in a mall, even if they pointedly don't sell Hartz... and I
should know better, having attempted to breed cats... Doh!), but I'm at
least pleased to know that these are two little ones who aren't going to
either turn into snake chow or be mishandled as such.

As for the matching pair... um.... hooboy. Alison, would you by any
chance know about how much your vet would charge to neuter a mouse,
ballpark figure? Or should we just get another cage?

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.