Old May 3rd 04, 06:24 AM
Sylvia M

"muffin" wrote in message
news:7Ijlc.11143$k24.1448@fed1read01...
I see these very expensive scratching posts at Petsmart.

I was thinking of making my own.

Does carpet really provide a scratching post for the cats? These things
they sell look like fun toys for the cat but do they really provide a
scrathin post. I thought they do that to sharpen and clean their claws.
Would a soft wooden post be a better choice? I dont see any made of just
wood. Some had rope wrapped around which seemed a better idea the carpet.

Your thoughts appreciated.

TY

Dyna likes the rounds of corregated cardboard a lot
(some nip rubbed on it helps to get her started)
They are fairly inexpenive too.
She also likes the sisal rope post.
She doesn't like her nails cut, and the posts don't help with that.

SM