Old July 12th 05, 05:29 AM
Rhonda

Hi JMC,

Sorry your cat is sick. Do you have sub-q fluids at home? Any way to get
your cat to drink more water right away?

I don't know a lot about cystitis, it's been years since we had a cat
with an attack. How is she acting?

I think if I had a cat in that situation and a vet I trusted said it's
okay to wait a few hours, and she wasn't in immense pain, I'd probably
wait. My experience at the emergency vets is you usually have to wait an
hour or more anyway.

Good luck, let us know how she's doing,

Rhonda

jmc wrote:

It's 5:00am here, and my cat is having a Cystitis attack, clearly blood
in her urine this time. Vet appt is at 9am; they say it's not life
threatening, and it's *really* expensive to do out of hours visits).

Is there anything I can do to help her until we can get to the vet?

jmc