Old July 12th 05, 06:47 PM
Alison

"jmc" wrote in message
. The
vet's in a long consultation just now, she's supposed to call me

when
she's done, help me decide if I should be worried. My instincts say

shouldn't be though, and I'm a very paranoid cat mommy .

I think most of us are the same It's hard not to worry and its best
to be
on the safe side.

I *will* be worried if she hasn't peed by the time we wake up

tomorrow,
though...

I keep her on as much canned/wet food as she'll eat, and she gets

some
free-choice dry. Needed, because of her teeth (don't you love

health
issues with competing treatments?) Also, she won't touch it if it's
even damp. I've tried her 100% wet, but she'd rather starve than

eat a
food she doesn't like...

My vet gave me dental chews but Kim wouldnt eat them so her teeth
will probably have to be cleaned soon, the first time since I've had
her. She has Feline idiopathic cystitis. I just daren't give Kim
dried food . She has a GAG supplement Cystease to line her bladder and
a Feliway diffuser .

Thanks for your feedback. This is very stressful for both of us,

we're
both learning how to deal with this.

I know how you feel! Hopefully, she will be better soon and you'll
be able to take steps to prevent it happening again.
Are you in the UK?
Alison

jmc