Old August 10th 03, 09:02 PM
GraceCat

Julie Cook wrote in message ...
VentWill somebody please tell my why it is considered acceptable to
bring young children to the office and leave them alone in your office
while you go off to the lab to work?Vent Off

Sorry, I think I've reached the frustration point and it is only 11:30 a.m.

Julie

Youngest I'd leave a child in my office during working hours and I was
outside of said office would be 12 and that's only! because a good
friend of mine has a churchmouse quiet 12 year old. Otherwise, as
soon as they could sit still and shut up for more than a couple hours
(14ish? maybe?). Also only if they could behave. I remember running
around town in highschool, (by myself in my car, driving age) and
visiting Dad in his office from time to time. It was a cool hang-out
spot for a few minutes but normally he was too busy to visit and I'd
bail. So I guess, ideally if they're old enough to stay home by
themselves, it's possible they're well behaved enough to visit the
workplace.

Anything else is unfair and disrespectful to fellow coworkers.

Grace