Old December 2nd 03, 05:57 AM
John

Sounds like he wants to be an outdoor cat, and is getting very frustrated
being kept inside. You could try letting him out on his own and letting him
decide for himself when to come in.

John

--
Remove P's and BEANZ from to reply
"Jack" wrote in message
Hi, I have a male,neutered tabby; almost 3 years old. Over the past few
months he has started exhibiting rather disturbing behaviour. A month or

so
ago he got angry when I apparently didn't do what he wanted and he swatted
me in the face giving me a cut above my eye. Since then whenever he

doesn't
want something, like he doesn't want to be petted at that moment, he hits.
He is an indoor cat and I take him out when I can on a leash. He gets

very,
very angry when it's time to come in. Hissing and scratching.
Today was the worse. I couldn't get the leash or harness off for awhile
after I got him inside. And for hours he has skulked around the house
swatting anytime I try to touch him.
This makes me think of a spoiled child. Is it something that I should be
really concerned about or try to work out?
Any suggestions would be helpfull. I really don't want to lose him even
though he has begun to make me feel rather nervous at times.

BsT