Old July 23rd 03, 10:47 AM
Noreen Cooper

-L. wrote:

: The kitten can be treated with Advantage, even though it is younger
: than the minimum age for on-label use. I would use a half-dose of the
: smallest size available (the kit is 7 weeks old, right?).

Not exactly. Today the kittens are 6 weeks and three days old.

: We have used Advantage on kittens as young as 4 days (one drop),
: without ill effects. It is an off-label usage for Advantage, but in
: my working experience, it is safe to use in this manner. When faced
: with severe anemia and/or death, we took the chance, and it worked.
: Been using it like this ever since.

Thanks, L. That might be the best way to go, the half-dose of Advantage
on a 7-week-old, followed by a thorough grooming with a flea comb.

Noreen