Old July 23rd 03, 01:08 PM
Gail

No, take the kitten now is my advice.
Gail
"Noreen Cooper" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

: Since the kittens are used to people, I'd leave the kitten with its

mother
: until it is a full 8 weeks old. It's better for the kitten anyway to

remain
: with its mother as long as it can.

: That way, the kitten can be given Advantage when you bring it home.

Also,
: you don't have to use the whole tube.

: Good luck, and enjoy your cat.

Thanks, Bill. I'm wondering about leaving the kitten for the extra week
since the foster family is extremely well-intentioned but the kittens are
left outside all night long, are seriously infested with fleas, and are
being fed adult cat food along with the other cats. I don't want to judge
these people, there is a difference between volunteering to foster feral
cats and having a feral cat drop a litter in your backyard, so I think
they are doing more than most people; however, I'm having to weigh several
factors as to whether the kitten should stay another week with the mother
or not. The mother runs at the sight of humans and the kittens are
beginning to imitate this behavior a bit more than last week.

Under those circumstances, do you think it best the kitten stay the extra
week?

Noreen