Old January 22nd 05, 02:32 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , KellyH at
wrote on 1/21/05 8:25 PM:

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
newsCiId.1338$8Q.940@okepread06...
As I sit here pondering this, has anyone else had a vet recommend a cat
with UTI be separated from the other cats because of a litterbox or
because a special food was prescribed? It did sound strange to me when the
vet recommended it.

No, but I don't think it would hurt. It would make it easier to monitor his
litterbox usage.

That's true. He may be worried that if the crystal situation worsens, Icarus
might block and this way it will be obvious if he isn't going. Grant's
crystals were like sludge. The second time it happened I was on it pronto
(Grant never went outside the box, but he would leave his food to go to the
box which was highly unusual and I could see he couldn't go). Changing his
food to mostly high quality wet with urinary tract dry as just a small
nibble and a Feliway diffuser and he has not had a problem since.