Old January 22nd 05, 02:38 AM
Cat Protector

Well after talking with someone else who's cat had UTI they pretty much
thought that monitoring his litterbox usage might be the only reason but
cats using another litterbox would not be harmful. I decided to just add
another litterbox to the bathroom and make sure he knows where it is. I
think regardless of the second litterbox, I'll check from time to time to
make sure he is using the litterbox without problems. I am going to add the
prescription food to the cat dishes with small doses of the regular as a
preventative to the other cats from getting UTI. Icarus is also on
anti-biotics so I don't forsee not being seperated as being a problem. The
vet did say that the food he was eating might be part of the problem.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"KellyH" wrote in message
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
newsCiId.1338$8Q.940@okepread06...
As I sit here pondering this, has anyone else had a vet recommend a cat
with UTI be separated from the other cats because of a litterbox or
because a special food was prescribed? It did sound strange to me when
the vet recommended it.

No, but I don't think it would hurt. It would make it easier to monitor
his litterbox usage.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net