Old January 9th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Germany dioxin contamination mess - could it affect pet food?

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
I woold make a bet the OP lives elsewhere, with a name like that
one, an email addy like that, and importing pet food from Europe,
but who knows? She could live in Chi-town for all I know.

Spain, actually :-) The choices for decent quality pet food are
very limited in the stores here, which is why I order online.

That may be because we in Scotland get to buy catfood made in Spain
from a local branch of a German supermarket chain (Lidl's "Coshida"
brand). There's none left for you.

Maybe you're getting Scottish-fish-based catfood processed in Italy
to compensate.

Hehe, that's possible. But mostly I think it is because Spain is a
country of d*g lovers. There are tons of d*gs everywhere, and lots of
different kinds of food and toys for d*gs in the stores. But cat stuff,
not so much. Makes me miss Canada - even the smaller pet stores there
had a pretty good selection of wet food and cat litter. Here they have a
hundred varieties of Royal Canin dry food, a couple of cans of Hill's,
and that's it.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo