Old May 28th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Off to the vet with Marlo

MaryL wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
Marlo hasn't gotten along well with our new boy, Scooter. Scooter is
quite aggressive though, and tough. Espy also hates him and even Nipsy
isn't really friendly with Scooter - and Nipsy is very friendly with
other cats. I would have thought that Marlo would be more sympathetic
to Scooter since I also pulled her in off the street.

I noticed that Marlo's mouth was looking odd and there was blood on
her collar tag, and she won't let me open her mouth to take a good
look. It's gotten better over the last day or so and I think that it's
just a result of a fight with Scooter, but I really can't tell so I
made a Vet appointment for Saturday.

I'm hoping that it's nothing serious of course but since I can't tell
what's going on I'll have to endure the outraged screams of betrayal
and anguish as I load her into the carrier for the torturous five
minute drive to the vet. And the actual torturous bill of course.

I haven't been following these posts, but how long have you had Scooter?
Did you go through the slow, gradual introduction process that is
recommended, or did you just put them together with the expectation that
"everything would work itself out"? If the latter, I suggest that you
start all over again. Put Scooter in a separate room on a temporary
basis, and only very *gradually* introduce the cats to each other. I
would be glad to email some information if you are interested. Your
statement that "I would have thought that Marlo would be more
sympathetic to Scooter since I also pulled her in off the street" is
hoomin-type thinking, not cat thinking.

MaryL

And remember to do "scent transfer" when returning from Ted. Best
wishes. MLB