Old April 4th 04, 01:56 AM
KellyH

Default Cat in heat - behavior question

Hi there,
This question is about the same cat as before, in the "Cat in heat question"
thread. This cat has kittens that are now 9 weeks old, they are at my house
awaiting their spay appts. Beetle is at the shelter also waiting for her
spay appt, and is apparently in heat. Beetle has been adopted by a family,
and they came to the shelter today to visit her. Beetle was NOT herself.
She's normally very friendly, loves to be held. Today she was hissing and
swatting. We chalked it all up to "a bad day", and they are still
interested in adopting her, but were a little concerned. They need a very
friendly, easy-going cat, as they have a one-year old child. Could being in
heat cause her behavior change? Should she return to normal after her
spaying?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net