Old December 1st 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary
buglady

Default Cat swallowed needle - questions about post-surgery

"Stacia" wrote in message
The
surgery went well, the needle hadn't penetrated anything so that was
good.

...........yikes!
but his temp had gone up. The vet said this was a
morphine reaction and was common.
The vet has since gone on break or gone home already so I wanted to
ask here, as with the vet med center, you can't always find a vet to
talk to immediately. Is Simon's temperature something serious or does
it usually resolve well?

..........Didn't know about the reaction cat's have to morphine - you might
Google that if no vet answers. I'd say that infection isn't out of the
realm of possibilities with intestinal surgery, but don't know. Hope you
still have a request for a callback at the vet's. And make sure to tell
them it's OK for them to talk to an answering machine! Nothing worse than
either sitting by the phone all day or having to be gone and getting a
*tried to call* message with no info on the machine!

Best of luck to you and your kitty. Danged cats will put the weirdest thing
in their mouths. I remember chasing one around the house with a wad of
dental floss hanging out of her mouth.
buglady
take out the dog before replying