Old October 18th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Food translation?

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 18, 1:02 pm, wrote:
On Oct 18, 11:19 am, "jmcquown" wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

One day I'm going to *have* to do a culinary tour of the USA,
although no matter what, I am *not* sucking the yellow muck out of
crawdad heads!.

Then be *sure* to go through New Orleans - best cooking in the US
(and, I think, even better than French cooking since we have the
spicy "Cajun" cuisine thrown in). But you don't know what you're
missing if you refuse to suck the heads! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yowie

Sorry, Lori. Dated a Cajun for 8 years and New Orleans food way
overrated.
They put more hot than taste into it. (I do love boudin, though.)

On the French side the beignets are nice. But then again so are my
Scottish
grandmothers' scones served with clotted cream.

So sorry about Hurricane Katrina. But the be all, end all of cooking
is not
Lousiana.

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Dating a Cajun is *NOT* the same as fine dining in New Orleans.

I can't believe anyone would disagree that it is the best dining in
the US. Have any of you ever been to Arnaud's or Brennan's or
Antoine's or Broussard's? These are rated by food critics as the top
restaurants in the country! And any mom and pop restaurant there can
serve better food than most "five star" restaurants anywhere else!

Hugs,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Never been to N.O., but I would *love* to go. Just to have some
authentic food! I have
a friend who grew up there...her cooking is absolutely to die for.
(BTW, her last name
is Broussard, is that a common name there?)

Sherry

Yes, Broussard is a common name in N.O. Years ago -- on my first trip to
New Orleans -- we had the traditional "breakfast at Brennan's." Yummy! Of
course, a few meals like that would probably kill a person, but it sure was
good. Then we made our way through various restaurants for lunch, for
dinner...and of course for the requisite snacks. We even came across one
place that specialized in "boiled beef." I thought it sounded terrible -- I
pictured watery or tough beef in water. But it was absolutely delicious,
and so tender it fell apart to the touch. Served with lots of veggies, of
course.

MaryL