Old October 18th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Food translation?

"Granby" wrote in message
My recipe for sausage gravy isn't so fancy but, here goes. Come to think
of it, it may be a blind thing the way I do it but it works.

Brown about 1 pound of sausage (sage or hot.)
Reserve about 1/4 cup of the drippings.

In a large bowl put 6 Tablespoons flour
3 cups of milk
Wisk until flour is all mixed in.

Add the sausage drippings to a skillet, pour in the milk mixture and stir
until begins to thicken, salt and pepper to taste, add sausage and
continue cooking until desired thickness.

Pour over split biscuits or mashed potatoes.

Ok, now I"m thinking that your 'sausage' isn't the same as our 'sausage'.
*Sigh* - never heard of a 'sage' sausage or 'hot' sausage.

Yowie