Old November 19th 04, 01:35 AM
---MIKE---

The only thing that seems wrong with the OPs scratching post is it
appears to have a rather small base. Unless it is heavily weighted it
would probably be tippy. I made mine by winding sisal around a
discarded carpet tube which fits over a piece of PVC pipe which in turn
is set into a PVC flange which is firmly screwed into a piece of 3/4
inch MDF plywood. The plywood is 48 inches square with the corners
slightly cut off. The pipe and flange were fairly cheap. The most
expensive part was the 150 feet of 1/4 inch sisal. My 21 pound Tiger
can climb right up to the top (where there is a small platform) without
any tipping. If you would like a picture, e-mail me.

---MIKE---