Old June 3rd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

On 2006-06-03, penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

After reading all the posts, I've decided I'm worried enough about
whether it's good that if I ate it, I'd probably get psychosomatic
stomach pains, even if it's fine.

Considering the gastro-intestinal agony you've been in recently, I
can understand why you're extra cautious about food spoilage.

I used to be quite phobic about food poisoning myself, but I've
really relaxed over the years. I'm still careful, but not paranoid
anymore. In 50+ years, I've only gotten food poisoning a few times,
and mostly from restaurants, not from food at home. The worst case,
a 3-week bout of salmonella, came from a cafeteria at the university
I attended.

It's actually good to be exposed to a moderate amount of bacteria -
it helps build up your immune system. Just as long as it's not one
of the really nasty ones.

Yeah, I'm not all that cautious, typically. It's amazing what a few
months of horrible gastric distress will do to your willingness to
take risks =P

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

pictures: