Old May 24th 04, 12:12 PM
Kristine Kochanski

On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:41:40 GMT, "KC"
wrote:

Would this solve the problem? Has anyone had any success choosing a leather
suite over a new clothe suite?

I have a leather suite; it is ripped to shreds ;o) And it's harder to
disguise the claw marks than on a cloth one! One thing I have noticed
though is that they never sit or sleep on the leather one.

Additionally, is there a better way of making a scrathing post? Our two
cats live inside all the time, I do trim their claws about once a month,
however they do seem to want to continue to scratch on our furniture.

I think even if you had 20 perfect scratch posts, they'd still like to
claw at the furniture. They don't know the difference between
'expensive furniture' and 'kitty-only post'. To them a large soft sofa
is just begging to be clawed! I guess the only thing you can do is
when the new sofa arrives, squirt the cats with a spray-trigger gun
filled with water each time they stretch up on it. You have to be
consistent though, and lock them out of the room when you're not
there. They will stop, I've tried this to stop one of mine always
runnign up the curtains - but! In my own case I'm too soft. When I got
the leather suite I felt guilty locking them out of the living room
when I wasn't there so my sofa soon got ruined.