Old April 25th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default What's wrong with my cat?

On Apr 24, 6:04*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

Got the viral tests. *He was positive for a "low level coronavirus" -
not sure I am quoting the vet correctly. *It is one that seldom turns
into FIP, though that is a possiblity. *However, since Phantom's lungs
are clear, it doesn't seem likely.

Sugarpops pete, I think this is good news, right? How is the vet treating
this condition?

It is definitely good news to me. I lost a kitten to FIP a few years
ago, and it was awful. At the moment we are continuing with
antibiotics, because the white blood cells in the urine are the only
thing we have to go on. I will also be putting Phantom on a potassium
supplement but it won't be in until next week (the vet's office was
out of supply and didn't order it until yesterday).