Old January 12th 05, 12:13 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-07, Sherry penned:

This is absolutely true. The worst of the bad times with our daughter had to
do with separating her from a loser boyfriend at age 16. She didn't speak to
us for a month. But ten years later, we heard the most five most awesome
words a parent can hear. "Mom, Dad, you were right."

This can backfire. My eight year relationship with a loser boyfriend probably
would have been much shorter if my parents hadn't constantly been badgering me
to get rid of him. They meant well, but the more they shared their opinions,
the more I felt myself to be in an "us against the world" situation.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch