Old May 28th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default A Cat on a Bicycle!

Bastette wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

When I was bordering on teen-age, I used to take my cat for rides in the
basket of my bike, but that was very much despite his protests and
attempts to escape!

Did you have him tied down or something? How could he not jump out of
a basket?

A harness and a tightly held leash - he DID "jump out" on occasion, and
dangled from the handlebars until I could replace him in the basket. He
started life as a feral kitten who wandered into my summer camp one day
and was fed on leftovers - potato salad, spanish rice, etc. - by the
kitchen staff, until I took him home at the end of the session. (Despite
my mother's written "Don't you DARE bring that cat home!")

Perhaps he didn't have such a bad life after all. My mother had just
remarried - a man with two boys - and the human adjustments to the
change in our households were not easy. Peter came in for a lot of
cuddles because all three of us kids would pick him up to tell our
troubles to.