Old June 4th 10, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Kitten/older cat update

"cybercat" wrote in message

One of the best tips, if you are an affectionate, hands-on cat person:
make sure you make a serious effort to make over, love on, pet, give
treats to, your older cat every single time you do so for the kitten. Pay
her extra attention, the kitten will not mind. I think this has helped
Gracie adapt to the baby.

Nice message, and the information in this last paragraph is great advice.
That is what I did with Holly when I adopted Duffy, and I think it is key to
establishing a good relationship (just as with hoomin siblings). It is all
too easy to shower attention on the new kitten, and it is easy for the older
cat to quickly become jealous.

MaryL