Old March 5th 05, 03:25 PM
Debbie Wilson

"Tara K." wrote in message

Any advice would be much appreciated. Despite everything, she seems happy,
is not in too much pain (apart from the arthritis) and is quite active. I'm
not prepared to put her down just yet. She survived this far and I think she
deserves a chance.

You could try giving her a mixture of chopped cooked chicken meat and
plain boiled white rice, this is nice and bland, and is a good way to
settle an unsettled stomach. Or plain cooked white fish such as coley or
cod, mixed with plain boiled rice. The diarrhoea could be due to the
richness of the food which her stomach just can't cope with yet, and as
you say, the overall shock to her system. Make sure she doesn't get
dehydrated too, this is a risk with diarrhoea. Good luck and I really
hope she continues to recover, she really deserves the chance you are
giving her.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com