Old May 1st 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Uneaten canned food

"Unknown One" wrote in message

I open a can and put the food in a bowl. The cat decides after a few
sniffs and licks that she's not in mood...

Can the food be saved for later? If so, can I just cover it with a
plastic wrap and refrigerate, or should I put it in a can with tight
lid?

Or, does it really have to be discarded (ouch, at those premium
prices!)?

Don't know about yours but mine very seldon will eat when I give it to

them but by morning
it is always gone. I would just leave it and see if they eat it later. I

have one that
loves his canned food but he prefers it after it starts to dry out then he

wolfs down
whatever the others have left.

The others eat a little at a time when they "get the urge" to eat.

Same here. I have seen advice to take up the food in 30 minutes but if I did
that my Gracie would not get a chance to eat. It keeps just fine for hours
in
a house kept at about 70 degrees. Perhaps in hotter places there might be
as danger, but I doubt there would be until, say, 8 hours or more had
passed.