Old July 8th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Rabies Shots

Sharon wrote:

Is there a rabies vaccination for cats that lasts longer than a year?
I thought there was a 3 or 5 year vaccination. The local vet says
no. This is for a feral cat that is really hard to catch on a yearly
basis!

A vet recently told me that the one-year vaccination is newer and
much more effective than the older 3-year one. (My cynical side says,
"Yeah, effective at raising the vet's bank balance." Shut up, Joyce! )

I don't know which is true, though. I'd rather be able to do it every
3 years, for convenience and less cost, although it's actually a lot
easier to keep track of it if it's once a year. Probably not worth it
to you in terms of catching a feral, though. I'm sure you can find a
vet who still gives the 3-year kind.

--
Joyce ^..^