Old August 3rd 03, 03:47 PM
Hope Munro Smith

In article ,
Bob Brenchley. wrote:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:36:23 GMT, "L. Kelly"
wrote:

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message

| Ah, but Bob believes that you just shouldn't have a cat if you live in an
| area like that. And as far as strays in those areas? I guess we're
| supposed to accept that a feral life full of disease, fighting and
| possibly
| starving or being eaten is a more 'natural' life for a cat, and therefore
| it
| will somehow be happier than if it were being kept indoors, fed, played
| with, and tended to. Myself, I find that awfully difficult to accept. I
| so
| wish the cats could have a (verbal) say in all this!!!
|
| Ann
| (who does let her cats outdoors, but only because it's safe to do so)

The one cat that I have is now over 8 years old. I moved here in March. Does
my moving
here mean that I'm supposed to "disown" or "abandon" my cat to a new
slave???????.

If you are stupid or selfish enough to move to a home unsuitable for
the cat - yet.

....and
just to please a self-serving ass like Bob?!?!?

What does a donkey have to do with it?

:-O I could never!!!!!!

I've taken on two cats in the past few years because their owners were
forced to move to a home unsuitable for a cat. One, Penny, stayed two
years until her old owners were able to find a home in a safer area.
The other, Floss, had an owner that was going into residential care, I
had her for two months while we found someone in the area who was
happy to take her on. As she was an older cat (9 or 10 if I recall) I
wanted a home close to where she was used to roaming. I still see her
every now and again, at 16+ she is still doing well.

A lady who lives in our neighborhood as built a "cat run" -- basically
she has encased her entire backyard in fencing with a sort of fencing
"roof" so that the cats can be outside but can't leave the yard.
It took her *forever* I'm sure, but her cats are completely safe from
cars and predators.