Old August 4th 03, 01:49 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:07:19 +0100, "bewtifulfreak"
wrote:

One last point on the indoor-outdoor debate: there aren't enough homes for
stray cats as it is, so if you eliminate cat lovers who live in certain
areas from having cats, there will just be that many more cats wandering
homeless, and ill-equipped for it. I believe a cat suffers far more living
a feral life than it does living an indoor life with a loving
caretaker-companion, though, again, I realize you, Bob, will disagree.

Ann

You bet I will disagree. There are more than enough homes, if only
more American shelters would learn the lessons the British ones can
give.

Those shelters I help are all no-kill, and that means they also will
never turn away a cat in need. They are, I'm pleased to say, now all
operating the rule of not homing healthy cats to indoor-only
situations except for short term fostering pending the finding of a
proper home.

Others can follow, I've offered help many times in the past. I cannot
go to the States to work hands on, but I can certainly teach them how
to run their shelters and how to raise the money necessary to reach
these goals.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.