Old July 21st 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Long-term Consequences of Starvation

"cybercat" wrote in message

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote
to love and help her. For now, I will be visiting her often to check
up on her and get to know her better.

FirstHit

Please reconsider. Leaving her in the shelter for "someone else" to
adopt may be her death sentence.

Do you really think someone this coldhearted could ever provide a good
home for a cat? I sure don't. Let's just hope someone better than this
asshole finds her and adopts her.

Well, I have to admit that was my first thought. It hurts me every time I
hear of a cat (or dog) that is left lingering in a shelter as people
bypass them for a "more perfect" companion. But it's true that "any home"
is not necessarily better.

You know me. If I had not already gotten into trouble doing stuff like this
before, I'd be trying to find out where the cat is.