Old July 22nd 09, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

Default Long-term Consequences of Starvation

On Jul 21, 3:15 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"cybercat" wrote in message

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote
to love and help her. For now, I will be visiting her often to check
up on her and get to know her better.

FirstHit

Please reconsider. Leaving her in the shelter for "someone else" to
adopt may be her death sentence.

Do you really think someone this coldhearted could ever provide a good
home for a cat? I sure don't. Let's just hope someone better than this
asshole finds her and adopts her.

Well, I have to admit that was my first thought. It hurts me every time I
hear of a cat (or dog) that is left lingering in a shelter as people bypass
them for a "more perfect" companion. But it's true that "any home" is not
necessarily better.

MaryL, I'm sad to see that you've had unflattering thoughts of me. Do
you think I'm bypassing the undernourished kitty for a "more perfect"
companion? I thought I kind of indicated in my second post that I had
connected with a few other kitties but my nurturing nature had drawn
me to the skinny girl over the others. Maybe that wasn't perfectly
clear, but otherwise I wouldn't have made my original post.

FirstHit