Old February 25th 05, 05:18 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-25, Jason Travis penned:

I've tried yelling at them, which pretty much just makes them run in the
door fast. I tried not responding immediately which gives them ample time
to figure out new screen-mangling techniques. I tried a spray stay-off
agent that doesn't have enough surface area on the screen to be effective.
This past summer I sprayed them with a water bottle, but they don't make the
kitty-synapse connections that the screen thumping is the bad behavior and
not the alerting me to come in.

This may not be the most aesthetically pleasing solution, but when I was a
little kid, my parents got a perforated metal square that was attached to the
lower half of the screen door facing out onto our deck. That prevented our
dog from scratching through it when he wanted to come inside. As I recall the
design, the metal square must have been intended for this purpose. Maybe you
could call around at some home improvement stores.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully