Old November 28th 10, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Why do they like Chinese tea so much?

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 14:59:42 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Pat wrote:
We cannot leave half-finished cups of tea sitting around anywhere or
else the cats will stick a paw into them and then lap tea off the paw.
We drink mostly Jasmine and Oolong, occasionally Hojicha or some other,
but never "regular" english tea, so we don't know if they like that
kind or not. They seem to love other kinds of tea. Not herbal tea, just
normal tea - the undyed kind.

"UNDYED"??????? I've never encountered tea that was not the color
nature MADE it! ("Green" tea is simply picked sooner, I think -
although there may be a drying process involved for what I consider
"normal" tea, like Oolong and English Breakfast.)

The only dyed tea I have encountered was some green tea packets that were
used with a cup-at-a-time coffee maker at a previous job. The tea
packets produced a bright emerald green beverage, not at all resembling
the shade produced by ordinary green tea, which I would describe more as
a pale yellow. "Black" teas, such as Oolong and English Breakfast, have
been put through a fermentation process, which makes some changes to the
flavor as well as the color. I like both green and black teas.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly