Old March 26th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Help with cat and unacceptable behavior... (x-post)

"xkatx" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message

newsAIUf.192$C85.22@dukeread10...

"xkatx" wrote in message

I'm not a fan of cats outside, but we now keep her
in
our back yard with a tie out lead.

*Please* don't keep her outside tied up.

Then she doesn't go outside if she is not tied up. Sorry, the cat would
go if it came down to a fine. I will not pay $280 as a fine for each
incident my cat is found outside. The rules for the lease here
specifically indicate cats and dogs are not to be outside unless contained
in your own back yard. I cannot guarantee that the cat will stay outside
and ONLY in our back yard, therefore, by rules of where we live, she must
be kept indoors or on a leash when outside. I am not about to move
because of this rule and what the cat likes or dislikes. This was a rule
enforced before we moved here, and it doesn't change because one person
doesn't like it.

I've perhaps misunderstood what "being on a leash outside" means. I thought
it meant pet at one end, human at the other, out for a walk.
I didn't think it meant tie a cat up outside in your garden. Does it?

Tweed