Old July 9th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Rabies Shots

Sherry wrote:
Orion has a vax-associated sarcoma which has mestasized.

{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}}}

I would really urge anyone to research, and weigh carefully the risks
involved, and
the various types of rabies vax available. Rabies *is* a horrible
disease, but honestly, a housecat doesn't have a big risk factor.

We talked about that with our TED when Luna and Maya went in last month.
We decided the only vaccine our crew would get going forward is rabies
and only every 3 years, even though state law requires it yearly. The
reason we decided to continue rabies vaccinations is because of their
enclosure and the abundant wildlife in our garden. A rabid bat or skunk
could easily infect one of them. But that's it. One shot every three
years and nothing more.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he