Old February 21st 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy & the Plumbers

Yesterday, I had a plumber come out to unclog the master bathroom sinks
and to remove the awful pop-up stoppers that are the cause of all the
issues! Call me a luddite, I want rubber stoppers in the sink.

Now, I never know how Buffy is going to react to people who come into
the house. There was an electrician here last weekend replacing an
electrical outlet. She didn't hide from him. She rubbed up against his
boot! He gave her scritches.

When the plumbers arrived yesterday afternoon, she was sitting on the
pet steps in the dining room, looking out the window. I was at the
computer in the living room. Suddenly she shot off like a rocket... I
didn't see exactly where she went. But I thought: Aha! The plumbers
are here! LOL

I went to the front door and opened it just as he raised his hand to
knock. That took him by surprise. I said, "My cat alarm let me know
you were here."

The plumber brought an apprentice with him. The apprentice noticed some
cat art on the walls opposite the sinks. He asked, "You like cats?"
Yep, there's one around here somewhere. I said good thing about a cat,
you don't have to walk it. He laughed and said, "But they'll walk on
you!" Yeah, this guy knows cats.

He was admiring a particular lithograph print my SO gave me a few years
ago. A black & white big fat cat. He said, "I used to draw like that.
When I was in art school." I wasn't expecting to hear that.

They weren't here all that long. It was an easy fix. They got rid of
those stupid pop-up stoppers which cause the majority of clogs in this
old house.

Buffy hid the entire time they were here. After I showed them out I saw
her crawl out from under the sofa in the living room. She hardly ever
goes under there. She checked all over the house after they left.
Investigated the master bath... looked out front. Went into the hallway
because, sometimes when the HVAC unit is serviced someone is up in the
attic. She remembers things like this. She searched the house to make
sure no one was here.

Is that weird or what?

Jill