Old May 6th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

Default Sharpening nail clippers?

ensoul wrote:

Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
together they over lap each other

anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

Many companies which manufacture or sell fancy-schmancy manicure
implements offer either self-sharpening clippers or free professional
sharpening for the life of the product. So I'm guessing that if you
wanna do it yourself, you might find a professional sharpening service
that hones nail clippers, and ask them how it's done.

In any case, nail clippers apparently can be sharpened.

HTH.