Old June 7th 04, 08:23 PM
David Stevenson

David Wright wrote
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Clipped, certainly. I clip my cats claws regularly.

Removed? well, apart form the distaste that several people on this NG
including me feel for this practice, ie we do not think it ethical,
whether it is legal depends on your country which you did not name. It
is illegal in much of Europe, legal in much of North America.

Something else: people talk about SoftPaws. I know nothing about it
myself.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome