Old July 7th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default The bitties are he Good News and Bad News

Mischief wrote:
Good news:

They are so TINY!!! each of them are the size of my foot, and i'm a
size 6 1/2. One is black and white with a tiny tux and gloves thing
going. The other is orange and white with a little bit of tabby
stripes. and they have such TINY little tails and their eyes are a
little bluish. Both are boys and the orange one is SUCH a love bug,
All you have to do is put a hand on him and he starts purring loudly.
They are such curious little buggers too. I set them up in my roomie's
bathroom with a large tupperware lid as a littler box, and food and
water.

The Bad news:

The orange one had a goopy eye when i first picked him up. I wiped it
off and it seems to be gone, but i still would like to get it checked
out. Apparently the black one was one that had the eye infection and
was treated with Neosporin and his eyes look fine.

Also both of them had fleas, especially the orange one. Into the sink
they went, much to their dismay. The black one was fine but the orange
one i spent a good five minutes picking fleas off his face. I then put
a tiny drop of advantage on both of htem and then hit Mischief with the
advantage. I couldn't catch the other two. Then this morning as
Mayhem is begging for her morning cuddles i founf a HUGE flea on her.
Grabbed her and put on the last tube of Advantage. Now i'm out of
Advantage and Imp is far under the bed. *sigh* Off to the bank and
then to the store to buy more. I'll grab him at dinner time.

BTW, they arrived past midnight so i slept in. At noon when i finally
rose i opened the door and went "Hello, little.......OH MY GOD!!!!!"
The stench was INCREDIBLE.

Both of them had watery diarrhea all over the bathroom floor. All over
the bath mat, on the towel/bed, in the litter box, behind the toilet.
And some of it was bloody.

Both butts and tails are dirty and i'm pretty sure it's the black one
that has the bloody diarrhea. I took a sample of it and put them back
in the carrier. Out came the 409 and a lot of papertowels.

Then I cleaned out my roomie's bathtub and in they went. Poor little
things, it seems ever few minutes they start squatting and trying to
go. awww!!!

They both have appetites and are drinking, but i checked their skin
turgor. That's when you pinch and pull up a section of fur. If it
snaps back, the pet is sufficiently hydrated. On both of them it was
slow so they both dehydrated. I took their temperature, which both of
them struggled and they don't have a fever.

Argh! I called work and unfortuntaely they are extremely busy. So i
called a local vet I've used and they have an appt for 2:30 pm.

I probably won't opt for overnight care since i want to bring them into
work, but i'll probably go for Sub-Q fluids and maybe a little
medication. Heck if they can give me the fluid bag and some needles,
I'LL give them the fluids myself.

Poor little things. They are looking up at me with these questioning
eyes. They are so adorable, and i hope i can get them the care they
need.

purrs for both of them please!

Kristi

On the way, Kristi. Hope its nothing serious.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe