Old February 16th 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat repeatedly vomiting?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks for the advice but we've already been there. He's half maine coone
and has always had hairball problems. for the last 2 or 3 years he's been
getting hairball paste on a few treats every other day.
--

Hmm. Is there anything different about the vomiting, compared to the
previous hairballs?

Nope, just the hair is coming out in little clumps with each vomit instead
of one large one every couple of days. I am wondering if one of these big
hairballs has started to go through the stomach instead of coming back up
and caused a blockage in the intestines or something (gone down too far to
be vomited back up).

Does he have any constipation problems?

Not that I noticed but he goes outside to do that....except for last night
when there was a large log in the place where he does every now and again
poo inside.

What tests has the vet done?

Preliminary at the moment. Temperature, felt around, listened to heart and
breathing, looked down throat. He said that aside from the symptoms I was
describing everything seemed normal. Advised to see if the steroids and
anti-biotics did anything and if not do full bloodwork in case they are
initial symptoms of a bigger problem that isn't yet obvious.
--

Niel H