Old June 28th 05, 11:24 PM
Cheryl

On Tue 28 Jun 2005 04:35:55p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

We finally got rid of Nika's fungus and have just brought a new
kitten into the house.

Congrats! On both accounts. Ringworm, if that is what the fungus
was, can be soooo hard to get rid of. For a friend of mine who
adopted 2 kittens who were infected, it literally took MONTHS
because they kept spreading it back and forth to each other, even
with all the precautions.

Our vet (who gave us the cat and a great
deal on the eventual neuter operation) told us that with two
cats we won't need cable. You can just watch them.

True! LOL

So far all that's happening is the kitten won't come out of the
traveling case (we have food, water and litter in there for
him). Nika hisses at him when he thinks about it, and she's
bigger than he is (but not for long, I'm afraid). I think
they'll be playing in a few days though. The hostility is very
mild compared to what I've seen in other cats. We haven't named
the male yet. We were considering Caruso (Nika is from a music
person as well) because he was so loud on the way home from the
vet, but he hasn't made a sound since.
Fascinating.

I adopted 2 kittens last November, and they were sequestered for
the first month in their own room, and even after they came out to
play with my other two, they spent the day while I was at work in
"their" room. I think having so much new space and a new kitty or
two, who may resent his presence at first, is just too
intimidating. What I did was put up a screen door on the "kitten
room" so everyone could see each other if they wanted, but couldn't
get too close. Even this was done weeks after the kittens' arrival.
Just give it a little time and it sounds like they'll be buds
before you know it.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields