Old March 31st 16, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Claw Clipping Help

On 3/30/2016 7:46 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
When I first adopted Buffy in June, 2015, she was very agreeable
about my clipping her front claws and even the dew-claws. [...]
After a couple of times though, she decided she does NOT want me
to do that. [...]
I don't know how to get her to let me trim her claws again. Any
suggestions?

Get an extra-abrasive scratching post?

Most of our cats never need their claws clipped, but they go outside
(where Marblecake came close to felling a dead tree all on her own,
over a couple of years of scratching).

She completely ignores one scratching post I got for her. She has a
horizontal scratcher she likes but it doesn't seem to abrade her claws.
She has a short cat-tree with stout wooden legs that she scratches.
Doesn't seem to help. (sigh)

Jill