Old July 20th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Losing Fur

Kerry, my newish cat, seems to be lacking fur on part of her belly near
the back legs. I only just noticed - she loves being petted, but like
many cats, she takes exception to belly-rubs so I hadn't looked at her
belly in quite a while. I have an appointment with the vet for her
tomorrow - I hope it's just a bit of minor over-grooming.

Anyone have experience with cats losing fur?? She certainly grew it all
back after she was spayed about a year ago, and now, a largish area is
either very thin of or missing fur.

Yes, my Splodge used to lose it in quite large patches on his chest
and belly every so often. It always grew back and didn't seem to
have any health implications.

The surprising thing when you stroked him was that you realized how
*hot* cats are. By our standards they're running a fever all the
time.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin