Old June 18th 04, 09:39 PM
Ted Davis

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:59:43 GMT, "star625"
wrote:

wow thats interesting! why wouldnt you adopt from a breeder??? I am not
saying this to be smug i am interested in knowing why you wouldnt adopt from
a breeder? I thought that was the best way to go knowing they would have a
gaurantee of health and stuff like that am I wrong??? I am very interested
in learning more....thanks Star

As Tracy said, this is a group for people involved with rescuing
homeless, abandoned, or about to be abandoned cats - we don't buy our
cats, we take them in. Most of us have too many cats, but somehow
manage to find room for the next hardship case that comes our way.

I think it fair to say that most of us think that purebred cats from
breeders are best left to people interested in showing and breeding.
If you really need a purebred, it is better to take in one that
someone has rejected - sent to a shelter or just thrown out along the
roadside - rather than buy one, though you don't have the opportunity
to make sure you are getting from a reputable breeder.

Personally, I think the best pets are adult or nearly adult cats
rather than kittens because you can judge their personalities and
don't have to suffer through the kitten stage.

T.E.D. )