Old March 22nd 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

wrote in message
oups.com...

Another aspect that I find peculiar are the employers who forbid
employees to smoke, period. Even away from work. I mean, what's

next?
Forbidding employees to eat Krispy Kremes? That's not healthy either,
no?

Exactly! Who are we to dictate health codes to other people? And worse,
to make it an issue of moral character?

If there really are employers who forbid an employee to smoke even when
off work, I'm surprised nobody has brought a lawsuit against them. That
can't be constitutional (in the US - can't speak for other places).

Joyce

For our friends in all the other countries -- what is the attitude
toward smoking there? Do many people still smoke? Is it banned in
restaurants, public buildings, hotels and such?
Thanks for the info.--I was just curious.

Sherry

In Thailand many people smoke, although mostly men. The government is
bringing in a lot of anti-smoking propaganda and now you can't show any
smoking on TV, so there's a big blur every time somebody puffs on a
cigarrette. This also includes animation shows such as the Simpsons. It's
hilarious!
--
Britta