Old October 1st 03, 03:46 AM
Christine Burel

It's good of you to make sure they get fed in the cold, Jack.
Christine
"JHBennett" wrote in message
It got into the shivering chills here last night, mid to upper 40's
anyway--enough to drive me into my winter jacket--which, I'm beginning to
suspect, has some relationship to the food requirements of feral cats.

For
the last week, White Stocking was the only one of our troop who would

come,
then show more interest in socializing than food. Today, instead of

coming
at my whistle, he was waiting for me at the front door. As I rounded the
corner of the house, Bootsie (our new mother) practically attacked my legs
and kept it up, while I fetched the cans of food. As I walked out in

front
of my car and whistled, EVERYBODY came out from places they had been

curled
up or hiding...apparently waiting for me. A total of 6 showed, including
the 3 skittish kittens (born March), and some newcommer, only sighted in
glimpses a time or two before. Canny criters, ain't they?
BTW, White Stocking, who's been so bold as to curl up on Mother's bed

couple of times, then departed at his own unhurried pace when she showed

up,
spent some time napping and grooming on the living room couch last night.

believe I can predict his plan for surviving the coming winter. We'll

have
to see about that, my man.
Cheers,
Jack